mjwojciechowski
New Member.
1457 views

Account on Android problem

Hi all,
New build 730 running on SLES 11 SP 1 fully patched. Two Android devices - Samsung GT-P7500 with Android 3.2 and second HTC Desire A8181 with Android 2.2.2. Both have problem creating account for user (tried few usernames).
Samsung says wrong user/password, HTC that Exchange policy not allow ...
I created user on iPhone and on HTC Desire Z (Droid 2.3.3) without problems.
Checked combination in username with "\" and without. Also changed authentication to GW (LDAP authentication is used).
We have no SSL turned on.
Any solutions ?
Regards,
Maciej
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Account on Android problem

mjwojciechowski;2163482 wrote:
Hi all,
New build 730 running on SLES 11 SP 1 fully patched. Two Android devices - Samsung GT-P7500 with Android 3.2 and second HTC Desire A8181 with Android 2.2.2. Both have problem creating account for user (tried few usernames).
Samsung says wrong user/password, HTC that Exchange policy not allow ...
I created user on iPhone and on HTC Desire Z (Droid 2.3.3) without problems.
Checked combination in username with "\" and without. Also changed authentication to GW (LDAP authentication is used).
We have no SSL turned on.
Any solutions ?
Regards,
Maciej


Which error or status are you seeing for those user accounts on the Mobility's mobility connector monitor page?

Have you tried removing the user accounts from the gw&mobility connectors/or group... letting it 'sit' so all user data is removed from Mobility & then reinserting the user accounts into Mobilty and retry? Mainly that 'Exchange policy does not allow...' error is one I've seen where the account is not correctly created in Mobility.

-Willem
0 Likes
mjwojciechowski
New Member.

Re: Account on Android problem

One of users on which account I tried connect was removed then created again. The same and other user account created on iPhone without problems.
I didn't checked logs on Datasync, but on monitor page there was no errors - new devices were not visible - the can't register to Datasync.
I have 35 users on this server (most on GM-1 level ;)) - so reinitialization or recreation of those users is not possible - rest of devices is working properly.
Regards,
Maciej
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Account on Android problem

mjwojciechowski;2163761 wrote:
I didn't checked logs on Datasync, but on monitor page there was no errors - new devices were not visible


Hi Maciej,

The logs are vital in this case to give more indication of what is going wrong. Make sure you have set logging to verbose on both the GroupWise as also Mobility connector and restart the connectors if needed.

Then feed tail logs for the Mobility and GroupWise connector (open two terminals and do a 'tail -f /var/log/datasync/connectors/default.pipeline1.mobility-AppInterface.log' in one and 'tail -f /var/log/datasync/connectors/default.pipeline1.groupwise-AppInterface.log' in the other) and try to connect with the devices while looking at the log feeds. That might give a better indication of what is happening.

-Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.