Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Address Book Name Completion Order

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the Name Completion Order in the Address Book centrally? I can't find a way to do it, but am hoping someone may know a way.

The default setting is to have Frequent Contacts first in the list - this is a "really bad idea" because when a user mis-types an address that is also in the central GroupWise address book or their own address book, the incorrect address is then saved in the Frequent Contacts book. Next time they start typing that address, they get the incorrect address as the first auto-complete match! If we could make Frequent contacts last in the list for everyone, then the correct spelling would always appear first.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Address Book Name Completion Order

Hi Ian,

First off, you cannot set this via ConsoleOne as you would other client settings.

Secondly, you might be able to do this by rolling out a registry setting. I'm not in front of a machine with the 8 client installed currently, so not to sure which exact key it is.

I am pretty sure that it will be found somewhere under HKLM\Software\Novell\GroupWise.....

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.