Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Address Book - Name Completion Search Order missing books

We have Groupwise 8.0.2 running on Netware 6.5 SP8

Problem: in the Address Book, the Name Completion Search Order shows different Available Books depending on the computer, but no computer has all the available books.

Computer 1: (the user's pc): Windows 7. The Available Books has only the Groupwise Address Book and the Frequent Contacts. It does not show the user's personal address book as being available, it is not even listed in the box.
Computer 2: Windows 7. The available books box is empty.
Computer 3: (my pc) Windows XP. Logging into Groupwise with the user's account, the available books box is empty (same as Computer 2), but when I go into my account, all 3 books are showing (Groupwise, Personal, and Frequent Contacts)
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Address Book - Name Completion Search Order missing book

Hi,

Perhaps a GWCheck on the user database to fix any underlying problems with the address books?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nope, GWCheck did not fix it ("no errors found").

The user's Address Book does not even have a Personal Address Book...... It only has the Groupwise address book, the Frequent Contacts, and the LDAP adress book.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

What GWCheck routine did you run - sorry for splitting hairs - but it does make a difference!

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Address Book - Name Completion Search Order missing books

ncharleyhog wrote:

If you go into the Address Book Application and choose File|Open Book, is it
possible that these books have just been "closed"?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise 2014 is just around the corner - will you be ready?
http://bit.ly/cat-gw2014

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

like Laura said, there are different misc. support options for gwcheck:

PABCHANGEFIX
PABDELDUPREC
PABFIX
PABONLY

Do they correct anything if you run them
1. against the caching mailbox (if used)
2. against the online box?

IMHO there should be a "how to" when the users personal address book is missing/deleted and not just closed...
Just google a bit 😉

Cheers,
Pascal

"Have you tried turn it off and on again?"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.