86kubicki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Address Book View in 2018 Client

I just found an important difference, (to me anyways), between the old and new clients. We use an address book with a number of sub groups contained therein. In the old client there was a "+" sign beside a top level address book, and I could expand that address book to display the groups with in it. This allowed me see click on the "GroupWise Address Book" to see all of our clients in the right pane, while in the left pane I could see the sub groups under our top level address book at the same time. I could then easily drag and drop new users into their appropriate groups. The new address book doesn't allow you to expand a top level group.
If someone could give me the right to post an attachment, I could illustrate this a bit easier.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
schleissheimer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Address Book View in 2018 Client

86kubicki;2488200 wrote:
I just found an important difference, (to me anyways), between the old and new clients. We use an address book with a number of sub groups contained therein. In the old client there was a "+" sign beside a top level address book, and I could expand that address book to display the groups with in it. This allowed me see click on the "GroupWise Address Book" to see all of our clients in the right pane, while in the left pane I could see the sub groups under our top level address book at the same time. I could then easily drag and drop new users into their appropriate groups. The new address book doesn't allow you to expand a top level group.
If someone could give me the right to post an attachment, I could illustrate this a bit easier.
Thanks

Hopefully MF will bring this feature back...
cu SveN
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

86kubicki;2488200 wrote:

Thanks

Attachments isn't the option, but including images should be available to you. it is the icon that looks like a framed tree and is the second to last in the quick reply view but looks the same in the other views.

of course having a KP in 86kubicki's consultant's circles gets him other routes to have it posted when I couldn't articulate the method via texting so I hope this helps.

As this appears to be working as designed (WAD), our best bet is to show our support for the old feature's return with votes to the idea https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/mf-gw/Idea/Detail/13823. The more of us who vote for it, the more likely it will happen. Of course telling your Micro Focus rep helps in addition, so add there too where you can.
___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
86kubicki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Andy! I have voted for the change and left a note as well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.