PhilJannusch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Address Book issue

This is a very odd issue.

On a user using a the GroupWise 2014r2 client on a loaner PC in online mode, the user had address book corruption. The user would type in a last name to address an email message, but a different (incorrect) email address would appear. The user had the PC for less than 24 hours.

But the user would then go to the our Citrix server where we still have the GW8 client, the address book worked correctly.
My co-worker then searched the address for the user name on the loaner laptop and found the corruption and deleted the entry.

My question is I thought all of the address books are kept on the server, not the local PC.

Thanks
Phil J
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Address Book issue

Hi Phil,

There was quite a big change in how the how the addressing of an email works between GroupWise 8 and 2014. GroupWise 2014 introduced "relevancy". The most frequently contacted contact/contacts appears when typing in an address. In GroupWise 8 it was alphabetical [if memory serves me correctly]. This change is probably the cause of the differences you are seeing.

Yes the address books are stored in the user database and thus on the server. However the client behaviour is different.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.