Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Address Books not syncing on one iPhone

I am running GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0.0, Build 429. I have 25 iPhone 5c's connected to it. All but one work perfectly. One iPhone syncs email and calendar but does not receive any of the users address books (there are two that should sync). I've reset the device to factory defaults from the Mobility Service admin console, from the device and from iTunes. I've deleted the user and added back. I've resync'd the user. I've noticed that on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars screen, the Default Account parameter appears for a short period of time then completely disappears. I've configured the user's iPad which has the same Apple account as the iPhone had orginally, and have the same results. Thinking there was something in the Apple account that was causing the issue, I had the user create a new Apple account for this phone and configured it after resetting the device. None of the above helped. Email and calendar sync perfectly. The address books have never sync'd with the device.

Anyone have any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Do you have all the address books to sync in webadmin for the user? (Users > Select the user with the issue > Edit GroupWise settings button).

Other thing, if the user created the two contacts in the local account (Apple account), those contacts never syncs to GW account.

Regards,
Ricardo L.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, both address books are set to sync in webadmin. One is the user's personal address book. The other one was created in GW.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <btippett.6bjpjc@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Btippett wrote:
> One iPhone
> syncs email and calendar but does not receive any of the users address
> books (there are two that should sync).

I am assuming they are both selected in the GMS webadmin for this user,
if not check there first.

Is there any address book name conflicts? I.e. Same name in GW as is on
the device?

Next would be to use mcheck
http://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwisemobility2/gwmob2_guide_admi
n/data/admin_mgt_mcheck.html

if still having a problem,
Export the contents of one of the address books, import it to new
address book, and sync it.

Andy of
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andy,

You rock! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I thought it was the Apple account that was blocking it someway.

mcheck revealed the address books were not syncing. I let it try to fix it but the issue remained when I reran it after syncing finished. In GW Client, I noticed address books had been moved to a folder. I moved them back to the root. mcheck then showed them as synced. After powering the iPhone off then back on her address books were there!

Thank you!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <btippett.6bl7pc@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Btippett wrote:
> In GW
> Client, I noticed address books had been moved to a folder. I moved
> them back to the root. mcheck then showed them as synced.
>

Yes, that is a common source of problems. Glad to have been of
assistance.

Andy of
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.