Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Addressbook issue: showing addresses that not longer exist

Jump to solution

Groupwise 2014

Hello,

I deleted (months and years ago) users (maibox, eDirectory-entry) that left us, but the Groupwise Addressbook shows them farther.

Publishing email-addresses in groupwise-admin doesn't change it.

How can I get rid of those not longer existing addresses in Groupwise Addressbook ?

Thanks for help,

Holger

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Addressbook issue: showing addresses that not longer exist

Jump to solution

Hi Holger,

did you try to rebuild the postoffice? In this case you have to stop the POA for a short time.

Diethmar

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@Verwaiser Hi Holger,

In the GroupWise Admin Console go to your primary domain | Maintenance | Rebuild Indexes --> takes a few seconds and can be run without shutting down the MTA.  Once that is done then do the same thing on the secondary domains and then the post offices.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Laura,

I did it (Domains--> index rebuild, then POA --->index rebuild), but the "old" adresse will be shown futhermore.

I restarted GW and my client and published email-addresses to LDAP,  but its the same result.

Holger

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Holger,

did you try to rebuild the postoffice? In this case you have to stop the POA for a short time.

Diethmar

Diethmar Rimser
If you like my idea or solution, please show it and click i.e. on "Like"!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Rimser,

rebuilding the postoffice seems to work.

Thank you!

Holger

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.