iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Admin Delete Message from a User Mailbox

We had a compromised vendor send 10 of our staff a malicious email. 2 of the staff are out of the office and the messages were received to their GW accounts. The other 8 messages have been removed by the users who are here in the office. I need to know if there is any way those specific messages can be removed from their mailboxes so that they do not open them when they come back. Does Groupwise have the ability to do that, or do I have to resort to shutting off their mailbox to prevent them from accessing it?

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Admin Delete Message from a User Mailbox

Apart from proxying in or resetting passwords:
This one
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7003292
should still apply.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 30.11.2018 19:24, iliadmin wrote:
>
> do I have to resort to shutting off their mailbox to prevent
> them from accessing it?
>

That's one option, the other one of course is to change their password.
There is no admin simple access to everything - like there is in other
products - in groupwise. 😉

CU,
Massimo

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Massimo. I really don't want something simple for access of this type otherwise it could be abused. This is to a degree why I like Groupwise administration. Anyway, management would approve changing the user's password in this case. It is our SOP to not do that unless the circumstances are dire and then can only be done with manager and HR approval. In this case we finally got in touch with the user and confirmed they had not access their box, explained the issue and they did not do any email until we were with them to access the box and remove the messages.

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Val,

Sorry, I am joining the conversation very late here... but for future reference, as per Mathias's post: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/510525-Admin-Delete-Message-from-a-User-Mailbox?p=2491760#post2491760

See the TID he references. Using the "subjectpurge" option on the mailbox via maintance/gwcheck you can remove messages without gaining physical access to the mailbox.

Cheers
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.