Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

User is using Acrobat reader 11.0.08 on Windows 10. When she has a pdf open and wants to email it she goes to file/send file. The only options are to use Outlook, which is not setup, or to set up a webmail client using imap. Any suggestions as to how to make GW an option?

Thanks,
Bill
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader

Hi Bill,

In the Windows Control Panel go to Default Programs. Select "set program access and computer defaults". Click on the down-arrow next to Custom [profile]. Scroll down a little on the screen that is displayed and find "Choose a default email program". Select the radio button specifically next to GroupWise. Save the changes. That should do the trick.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was able to set GW as the default email client. Acrobat reader seems to accept that, but it won't let you type in the to: field to create the email in the pdf. A new email never launches. I'm thinking it may be the version of Acrobat reader (XI) she is using because it seems to work ok using Acrobat reader X on my PC.

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 3/15/2017 3:06:AM >>>

Hi Bill,

In the Windows Control Panel go to Default Programs. Select "set
program access and computer defaults". Click on the down-arrow next to
Custom [profile]. Scroll down a little on the screen that is displayed
and find "Choose a default email program". Select the radio button
specifically next to GroupWise. Save the changes. That should do the
trick.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

--
Laura Buckley
Technical Consultant & Trainer
South Africa

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
laurabuckley's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=502857

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Bill,

I'm using v15.x.x and it's working fine for me so perhaps an upgrade?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.