Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After 18.1 upgrade, cannot find users

I upgraded our groupwise server to 18.1, and after a few issues, updated the databases to the latest version. The only problem is that the mobility server connects OK to the updated groupwise with no errors, but cannot find any users in the database. I have checked all the settings, created a new trusted key, etc, but the mobility server still cannot find any users. This is hosted on a separate computer (Linux), and no changes were initially made before it stopped processing emails (after the 18.1 upgrade)

Anyone got any ideas what has happened, and how to get things going again?

Cheers

ChasR.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
36 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Using dsapp rebuild the GAL.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, will try this weekend.

ChasR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tried this:- made no difference. This only happened after the new major upgrade to groupwise. It worked fine before then.

ChasR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Brings us back to this one

With log level set to "debug", upon trying to browse users in the "add" (with groupwise selected as a source) dialog, which errors do you see in /var/log/datasync/configengine/configengine.log ?
If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
You will find below some of the output from the debug log (there was loads of it), but I think that this bit is relevant. I cannot understand why there is a connectivity problem as the emails are going between the groupwise and mobility server correctly.

[gw_driver:164] [userID:None] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Exception when authenticating to the POA: None; Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
2018-11-17 09:56:51.836 ERROR [CP WSGIServer Thread-6] [gw_driver:152] [userID:root] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Timeout error when authenticating to the POA: http://10.0.0.250:7191/soap; Exception: HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.0.0.250', port=7191): Max retries exceeded with url: /soap (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f09a4162050>, 'Connection to 10.0.0.250 timed out. (connect timeout=6)'))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./mobility/lib/auth/gw_driver.py", line 141, in send_request
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 110, in post
return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 56, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 475, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 596, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 477, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
ConnectTimeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.0.0.250', port=7191): Max retries exceeded with url: /soap (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f09a4162050>, 'Connection to 10.0.0.250 timed out. (connect timeout=6)'))

2018-11-17 09:56:51.839 INFO [CP WSGIServer Thread-6] [__init__:1654] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Logged in as system user: Successful
2018-11-17 10:00:08.591 ERROR [CP WSGIServer Thread-7] [gw_driver:164] [userID:None] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Exception when authenticating to the POA: None; Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
2018-11-17 10:16:54.101 WARNING [LDAPPoll_thread] [directory:176] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Problem getting all user targets for engine default, there may be no users added to any connectors on this engine.
2018-11-17 10:46:54.229 WARNING [LDAPPoll_thread] [directory:176] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Problem getting all user targets for engine default, there may be no users added to any connectors on this engine.
2018-11-17 11:16:54.372 WARNING [LDAPPoll_thread] [directory:176] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Problem getting all user targets for engine default, there may be no users added to any connectors on this engine.
2018-11-17 11:46:54.526 WARNING [LDAPPoll_thread] [directory:176] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Problem getting all user targets for engine default, there may be no users added to any connectors on this engine.
2018-11-17 11:56:39.007 ERROR [CP WSGIServer Thread-10] [gw_driver:164] [userID:None] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Exception when authenticating to the POA: None; Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
2018-11-17 11:56:48.779 INFO [CP WSGIServer Thread-12] [gw_driver:281] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Failed user all attempts failed: root, code=53505, description=User not on post office
2018-11-17 11:56:48.781 INFO [CP WSGIServer Thread-12] [__init__:1654] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Logged in as system user: Successful
2018-11-17 11:59:55.714 ERROR [CP WSGIServer Thread-7] [gw_driver:164] [userID:None] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Exception when authenticating to the POA: None; Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
2018-11-17 12:09:26.576 ERROR [CP WSGIServer Thread-9] [gw_driver:164] [userID:None] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Exception when authenticating to the POA: None; Exception: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
2018-11-17 12:09:33.217 INFO [CP WSGIServer Thread-5] [gw_driver:281] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] Failed user all attempts failed: root, code=53505, description=User not on post office

Hope this sheds some light on where the problem is?

Regards

ChasR.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Please try the following:
- in the admin console, enter another address book user (doesn't need to be someone special, enter an ordinary user's short name)
- start dsapp
- select "3" (database), let dsapp stop gms
- select the option to rebuild the GAL
- exit out of dsapp, let it restart gms
- try again
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for getting back to me. Tried this, no luck. Will probably have to stick with LDAP as everything works fine. I feel that the problem is with the Groupwise update, not the mobility server as I updated Groupwise first, and got this problem with the mobility server which I did not update immediately, and then updated the mobility server, and the problem still existed.

Regards

ChasR.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi.

On 01.12.2018 20:04, chas wrote:
> [userID:root] [eventID:] [objectID:] [gwAuth] Timeout error when
> authenticating to the POA: http://10.0.0.250:7191/soap; Exception:
> HTTPConnectionPool(host='10.0.0.250', port=7191): Max retries exceeded
> with url: /soap (Caused by
> ConnectTimeoutError(<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection
> object at 0x7f09a4162050>, 'Connection to 10.0.0.250 timed out. (connect
> timeout=6)'))

Well, so obviously your soap port of the configured POA either isn't
listening (on port 7191), or isn't reachable from your GMS server. So
the next steps are:

1. Verify it's listening. On the groupwise server do "netstat -lnp |
grep 7191" Does it return something like

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7191 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 15109/gwpoa

If not, we need to fix this. If yes, try to connect to it from the GMS box:

"telnet 10.0.0.250:7191" does it say "Connected to 10.0.0.250..". or
does it timeout or give some other error?

It it doesn't connect, try from other machines on your net, including
the groupwise server itself. Does it work from elsewhere? If yes, you
have a dedicated connnection problem between GMS and Groupwise.
Firewall? HTTP proxy?

If it works from nowhere, the problem is most likely on your groupwise
box. Again, maybe firewalled?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
No emails please!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Let's check whether your GAL is populated
at the shell type
psql -U datasync_user mobility
type in the database password. issue
SELECT * FROM gal;
what does it show you?
enter
\q
to exit out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Had the similar problem, solved it due to the thread. Hop, Chas will too.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
There must be a problem on the groupwise box, as I cannot telnet into the poa even from the groupwise box on which it is installed. I get a listen:"port"/gwpoa when I do a netstat, and there is no firewall running on the groupwise box. The settings are as they were before the upgrade for the different ports.

Any suggestions?

ChasR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 04.12.2018 19:34, chas wrote:
>
> Hi,
> There must be a problem on the groupwise box, as I cannot telnet into
> the poa even from the groupwise box on which it is installed.

What exactly happens when you try to telnet to it? Do you get an error
message? No reply whatsoever? If the latter, does it ever time out? And
what exactly did you try to telnet to? The servers IP address, it's
name, or localhost?

> I get a
> listen:"port"/gwpoa when I do a netstat,

Does it show it listen on 0.0.0.0, or a dedicated IP?

> and there is no firewall
> running on the groupwise box. The settings are as they were before the
> upgrade for the different ports.
>
> Any suggestions?

One possible next step would be a lan trace on the server, depending on
the answers to above questions.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
No emails please!
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
No emails please!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.