Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Agent password utility missing for Novell downloads

I'm in the middle of trying to get a Novell Messenger 2.2 system up and running. As part of my troubleshooting I wanted to change the user and password in the startup.ma file. I very quickly found the documentation on how to do this here (I'm running a windows system btw...):

Novell Documentation

I went to my Novell messanger install source and it has the ...\utility\nmpwd directory, but it's empty. The nmpwd.exe utlity isn't there. I then tried redownloading Novell Messenger 2.2 and several older version, and all had the same issue.... an empty "nmpwd" directory.

Hey Novell, what gives?!?!?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Agent password utility missing for Novell downloads

weinberd;2108484 wrote:
I'm in the middle of trying to get a Novell Messenger 2.2 system up and running. As part of my troubleshooting I wanted to change the user and password in the startup.ma file. I very quickly found the documentation on how to do this here (I'm running a windows system btw...):

Novell Documentation

I went to my Novell messanger install source and it has the ...\utility\nmpwd directory, but it's empty. The nmpwd.exe utlity isn't there. I then tried redownloading Novell Messenger 2.2 and several older version, and all had the same issue.... an empty "nmpwd" directory.

Hey Novell, what gives?!?!?

I've asked Novell where this utility can be found.. I'll get back to you when I get an answer.

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you sir! I appreciate the helping hand.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

weinberd;2108550 wrote:
Thank you sir! I appreciate the helping hand.

Novell has duplicated this and are working on an solution, will get back to you when there is a solution.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;2109037 wrote:
Novell has duplicated this and are working on an solution, will get back to you when there is a solution.

Thomas

Any followup to this as I am just now having and experiencing this exact issue.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Kepy;2151380 wrote:
Any followup to this as I am just now having and experiencing this exact issue.

Thanks

Have you checked the 2.2.1 Messenger patch, I believe it should be in there? If not then open a SR if you can and refer to bug # 695791

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.