Highlighted
New Member.

Another 12 -> 14.2.2 VM test.

I have a few linux boxes. A windows box with 2012 R2 on it and a 12.03.hp1 post office and a WebAccess. Upgrades work fine on SLES 11. I install on windows, reboot and the GroupWise install just shows "
  • Waining for the Groupwise bla bla bla...." and just sits there giving me dots for over an hour. Upon further inspection, the GroupWiseAdmin service wont start, and give ms event 7024, The GroupWise Administration service terminated with the following specific error: Incorrect function. Not sure where to go. re-downloaded, reverted the machine back to its 2012, tried again, same exact issue. Maybe this box is broken, not sure. Everything else works normally.
  • Labels (1)
    0 Likes
    2 Replies
    Highlighted
    Knowledge Partner
    Knowledge Partner

Re: Another 12 -> 14.2.2 VM test.

tbundy427;2460381 wrote:
    I have a few linux boxes. A windows box with 2012 R2 on it and a 12.03.hp1 post office and a WebAccess. Upgrades work fine on SLES 11. I install on windows, reboot and the GroupWise install just shows "
  • Waining for the Groupwise bla bla bla...." and just sits there giving me dots for over an hour. Upon further inspection, the GroupWiseAdmin service wont start, and give ms event 7024, The GroupWise Administration service terminated with the following specific error: Incorrect function. Not sure where to go. re-downloaded, reverted the machine back to its 2012, tried again, same exact issue. Maybe this box is broken, not sure. Everything else works normally.

• Your description is a bit vague.

An upgrade begins with your Primary Domain. Did you follow the procedures described in the GroupWise documentation?

What exactly did your Windows box contain that you tried to upgrade?
    _____
    Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Who are the Knowledge Partners?
    If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
    If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
    0 Likes
    Highlighted
    Absent Member.
    Absent Member.

Re: Another 12 -> 14.2.2 VM test.

Make sure your windows box is "FULLY" patched, meaning you have to run online updates 3 or more times.

--Morris

>>> tbundy427<tbundy427@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 6/23/2017 9:44 AM >>>

I have a few linux boxes. A windows box with 2012 R2 on it and a

12.03.hp1 post office and a WebAccess. Upgrades work fine on SLES 11. I

install on windows, reboot and the GroupWise install just shows "

Waining for the Groupwise bla bla bla...." and just sits there giving me

dots for over an hour. Upon further inspection, the GroupWiseAdmin

service wont start, and give ms event 7024, The GroupWise Administration

service terminated with the following specific error: Incorrect

function. Not sure where to go. re-downloaded, reverted the machine

back to its 2012, tried again, same exact issue. Maybe this box is

broken, not sure. Everything else works normally.

--

tbundy427

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tbundy427's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10591

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=504230
    0 Likes
    The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.