bperrin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another installation issue

So, reading Danita's quick start guide, when I get to installing the mobility pack, I get to step 12, and YAST comes up with the following error:
"Nothing provides perl-ldap-ssl needed by pattern: Novell_Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Pack-0.9-0x86-64" . The alert box has a radio button that selects " do not install pattern:Novell_Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Pack-0.9-0x86-64.

The choices are "cancel" and "Apply". Clicking the apply button does nothing unless the radio button is selected. Clicking cancel dismisses the alert box.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Another installation issue

This should be on your SLES11 DVD - are you not seeing it listed as an installation source for your server?

I'm showing the file on the DVD in suse/x86_64/perl-ldap-ssl-0.37-1.17.x86_64.rpm

So as long as your server can see the SLES 11 DVD I'm not sure why you are getting the error. You could try installing that RPM manually and then running the install again I guess.
0 Likes
bperrin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Another installation issue

bperrin;1957620 wrote:
So, reading Danita's quick start guide, when I get to installing the mobility pack, I get to step 12, and YAST comes up with the following error:
"Nothing provides perl-ldap-ssl needed by pattern: Novell_Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Pack-0.9-0x86-64" . The alert box has a radio button that selects " do not install pattern:Novell_Data_Synchronizer_Mobility_Pack-0.9-0x86-64.

The choices are "cancel" and "Apply". Clicking the apply button does nothing unless the radio button is selected. Clicking cancel dismisses the alert box.

Thanks Danita! I got it!! Now to configure the firewalls and put the device into the DMZ!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.