Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Any update on Groupwise 2017/2018 release date?

i'd guess there won't be any. per the docs SLES11 support has been dropped for GMS2018.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

See here: https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwise18/gwmob18_guide_install/data/inst_req_server.html

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What does this mean for existing GMS on SLES11 if we upgrade to GW18? Will the existing system continue to run because of the traditional new version support older versions, or will we have to replace our GMS server at the same time? I can live with replacing my GMS server, I just don't want to create a service disruption for the time after upgrading to GW18 before the new GMS server gets deployed.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Marklar23,

> What does this mean for existing GMS on SLES11 if we upgrade to GW18?
> Will the existing system continue to run because of the traditional new
> version support older versions, or will we have to replace our GMS
> server at the same time? I can live with replacing my GMS server, I
> just don't want to create a service disruption for the time after
> upgrading to GW18 before the new GMS server gets deployed.

GMS2014 should work fine against a GW18 system, however keep in mind that
none of the new things will be there. For example, GMS2014 will not
support the Activesync 18 version but will still be with the Activesync
14 version. There are also bug fixes that have gone into GMS18 that will
not be ported back to GMS 2014 so we do suggest that you upgrade as soon
as possible.

Thanks,

Pam

0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
mfoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Has anyone seen a hard limit on licencing yet upgrading? We are still to move some shared mailboxes to resources so wondering if to do this first before the upgrade?
0 Likes
davemrm Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

marklar23;2471807 wrote:
What does this mean for existing GMS on SLES11 if we upgrade to GW18? Will the existing system continue to run because of the traditional new version support older versions, or will we have to replace our GMS server at the same time? I can live with replacing my GMS server, I just don't want to create a service disruption for the time after upgrading to GW18 before the new GMS server gets deployed.

To prep for 18, I just upgraded my SLES 11 server running GMS 14.2.2HP2 to SLES 12SP2 (run the postgres upgrade script, then shut down the server, boot from SLES 12 SP2 iso, select Upgrade and go); I then re-installed GMS 14.2.2HP2 using the gms14.2.2HP2-SLES12 ISO. It all went smooth as could be. downtime was less than an hour, nobody even noticed. Now my GMS server is ready for GMS 18.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/groupwisemobility2014r2/gwmob2014r2_guide_install/data/inst_update_mobility_pack.html#b1nnm52a
0 Likes
bkesting Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

dzanre;2471844 wrote:
Now! And our upgrade guide is almost ready too.

Danita,

Do either of your upgrade guides also include notes on upgrading OS at same time? (i.e. SLES 11 to SLES 12?)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.