iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Appliance not Updating

New Teamworks 18.0.0 install (very small environment so this is an all-in-one appliance), trying to get it to do the online updating. Appliance is definitely registered. There are a number of patches listed when I select "Needed". I've stopped the Teamworks/Apache Services using the instructions from the "Updating to Teamworks 18.01" reference guide. Among the many (123) patches are the 18.01 Groupwise Teamworks-Appliance-Product.. and Groupwise Teamworks-Search-Appliance-Product patches. I select "Update now". I get a notice about the system needing a reboot, I click on OK. I get a progress bar flashing a couple of times, then it is back at the list of updates within, say in about 5 seconds. Nothing seems to be going on. I wait a bit more, just in case, then click Home. I can see on the Home page a red "reboot needed" flashing. So I reboot the appliance. When I log back in and check for installed updates, none are listed. All 123 updates still appear to be waiting to be applied.

So I've tried this a few times to no avail (definition of insanity here).

What am I missing?

Kind regards,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Appliance not Updating

iliadmin;2490037 wrote:
New Teamworks 18.0.0 install (very small environment so this is an all-in-one appliance), trying to get it to do the online updating. Appliance is definitely registered. There are a number of patches listed when I select "Needed". I've stopped the Teamworks/Apache Services using the instructions from the "Updating to Teamworks 18.01" reference guide. Among the many (123) patches are the 18.01 Groupwise Teamworks-Appliance-Product.. and Groupwise Teamworks-Search-Appliance-Product patches. I select "Update now". I get a notice about the system needing a reboot, I click on OK. I get a progress bar flashing a couple of times, then it is back at the list of updates within, say in about 5 seconds. Nothing seems to be going on. I wait a bit more, just in case, then click Home. I can see on the Home page a red "reboot needed" flashing. So I reboot the appliance. When I log back in and check for installed updates, none are listed. All 123 updates still appear to be waiting to be applied.

So I've tried this a few times to no avail (definition of insanity here).

What am I missing?

Kind regards,

Val

BTW the update service is listed as "Update service: nu_novell_com"

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <iliadmin.8q46hz@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Iliadmin
wrote:
> BTW the update service is listed as "Update service: nu_novell_com"

that sounds about right, its what I get on the other appliances I've
worked with (ZCM)

the two areas I can think that might be a block are:
- drive space on the appliance, likely have the ssh in (such as with
PuTTY) and see what "df -h" shows
- some web filter or firewall getting in the way

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
ipalmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You also might try ssh-ing into the server, and trying a zypper ref as well as a zypper up to see if it gives you additional information.
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Andy,

Space is fine on the appliance, it's brand new, no users on it nothing setup yet. df -h shows main disk 34G available (10% in use), none of the other partitions is more than 2% in use. Firewall is turned off on the appliance.

ipalmer, I will try the zypper commands and see what they do. Thanks, didn't think of zypper. Will let you guys know!

Val

0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zypper commands did the trick! It is now on version 18.01. updated 109 packages and added 56 new ones. Appears no issues/errors during the update, Rebooted the server and it appears to be working fine.

Thanks!!!

Val

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.