Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
gilechri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Appt sent from Exchange 2007 to GroupWise shows as email

Hi,

We are running GroupWise 8.0.2 and have an issue when appointments are sent from another company using Exchange 2007, the appointment arrives in GroupWise looking like a regular email message. The email message contains the details of the appointment, time, location, etc. but there is no accept button or decline button. There is no .ics file attached.

We receive appointments from other outside sources fine. I had another company running Exchange 2003, Outlook 2007 send an appointment request as a test and it looked fine. The meeting.ics file was attached as well. I could accept or decline the appointment without any issues.

Any ideas?
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Appt sent from Exchange 2007 to GroupWise shows as email

Our Exchange 2007 server sends them fine to our GW 8.0.2 system (they show up as a regular calendar appt)

Do you have any sort of relay server in front that may be stripping out the .ics file? (like an AV filter or something)?
0 Likes
gilechri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kjhurni;2036385 wrote:
Our Exchange 2007 server sends them fine to our GW 8.0.2 system (they show up as a regular calendar appt)

Do you have any sort of relay server in front that may be stripping out the .ics file? (like an AV filter or something)?

Hi,

We use a Barracuda Anti-Spam filter as well as the Ontario Government eHealth network (which our email is part of) has multiple layers of AV, but it is toned back. The other company uses a Microsoft hosted services for protection of their Exchange system.

I can receive .ics files correctly from other sources without issue, I tested with an associate at another unrelated company from Exchange 2003 to GroupWise 8.02 and it worked fine, this would be going through all layers or protection.

We can send the other company GroupWise appointments to Exchange 2007 and they appear fine.

In the last 2 days we moved to sending email direct between the 2 companies, via Sonicwall VPN tunnel and Exchange built in routing and gwia's route.cfg file thus avoiding all of our AV filters entirely, yet the issue continues. It was incorrectly sending appointments prior to this move as well, so that is not the cause of the issue.

I had guessed something was stripping out the .ics information as well, but hard to pinpoint.

Chris
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If memory serves, you'd have to configure your GWIA to capture the message to see if it's even receiving it properly. Then probably open an SR with Novell IF it is getting it properly, but then mangling it on the conversion.
0 Likes
gilechri Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I will look into that. I am running out of ideas on this.

Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.