Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Archive BLOB File Recovery

I managed to not only erase the Archive folder for a user, but also the backup of the Archive folder. Recovered the Archive folder with a disk utility, but now when I try to access archives, I see the list of emails. However, upon selecting any of them, I get "Error c04f" Block checksum error. I've tried running GWCheck but it ends up deleting all the blob files saying they are invalid or not referenced. Is there a way to re-read those blob files into the message database, or am I out of luck.

Thanks ahead for any ideas, suggestions.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Archive BLOB File Recovery

Hi,

It could be a corrupt ngwguard.db file. You could try the following, but only do this on a backup in case it makes things worse:

Recreate the guardian database:
1. Rename the archive directory.
2. Login to GW client, archive a message. This will recreate the archive directory, ngwguard.db, user.db, msg.db files.
3. Copy the NGWGUARD.DB ONLY from the new archive directory to the renamed archive directory.
4. Rename the archive directory back to its original name (delete the new directory).
5. Perform a structure check on the archive. It should run clean.
6. Login to GW client, open archive.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I run a structural check I still get Orphaned Blob File messages and it erases all the Blob files.

Mark
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark,

Here's an old article, but it might just work for you: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/9883.html

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Laura,

Still no luck. I think I may have a corrupt msg.db file. I may have to try file recovery off the original drive instead of the backup drive.

Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

I may have to try file recovery off the original drive instead of the backup drive.

Good luck with that. Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.