mcurrie
New Member.

Attachment Size limit on emails Webaccess on IIS

Webaccess 8.02 on IIS 2003 - When trying to send an message with an attachment, I attach the file, hit send and then receive the message "The page at http://(host) says:" "'This message cannot be sent because it is larger than the allowed size". It seems to only happen on messages about 2mb. I tried using a recommendation i another post about changing the setting in IIS, but with no joy...Has anyone else seen this problem and how do I fix it???? Seems related to running on IIS as it works fine under webaccess on SLES or Netware.

Thanks,
Mark Currie
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Attachment Size limit on emails Webaccess on IIS

Hi Mark

Perhaps the following link is of some use: Microsoft Corporation

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark,

Further to what I've posted above, the following may be of use to you too: Overcomming IIS 6 File Upload/Download File Size Limits.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
mcurrie
New Member.

laurabuckley;2265292 wrote:
Hi Mark,

Further to what I've posted above, the following may be of use to you too: Overcomming IIS 6 File Upload/Download File Size Limits.

Cheers,

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the suggestions...I had already tried the last one, and your first suggestion is only applicable to websites sending messages by SMTP.

Thanks,
Mark Currie
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Mark

I would suggest that you dig around on the Technet site for more information. I don't currently have an IIS server to play around with, but I do know that the file limits can be set in a number of places in the config files.

I will keep digging to see what I can come up with on my side.

Let us know if you hit the jack pot in the meantime.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 5/28/2013 10:26 PM, mcurrie wrote:
>
> laurabuckley;2265292 Wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Further to what I've posted above, the following may be of use to you
>> too: 'Overcomming IIS 6 File Upload/Download File Size Limits.'
>> (http://www.banmanpro.com/support2/file_upload_limits.asp)
>>
>> Cheers,

>
> Hi Laura,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions...I had already tried the last one, and your
> first suggestion is only applicable to websites sending messages by
> SMTP.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Currie
>
>

It's extremely tricky as I recall. But it's totally an IIS thing, has
nothing to do with GW.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.