Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Authorize install issue with GroupWise 18 on WS 2016

I'm trying to install GroupWise 18 on Windows server 2016 but cannot get past the "authorize install" step. I copy the gwadmin-ipc command and paste into a command prompt (admin). Gwadmin-ipc runs without error, I return to the install screen and most times it immediately displays another gwadmin-ipc command with a new token key. It makes no difference whether I double click on GroupWise Install on the desktop or, right click and choose "Run as Administrator". The server is current on updates other than the 2018-01 cumulative update which is producing a 0x80070020 error and which I'm still trying to resolve. The two issues may be related but I'm assuming they are not. A server reboot has not changed anything.

What am I overlooking here? Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA, John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Authorize install issue with GroupWise 18 on WS 2016

Hi John,

Perhaps you would like to change the installation authenticataion method from token to username/password and try that:

gwadminutil installcfg -m user gwinstall -p

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks Laura but no luck with that either. I get prompted for a username/password, I enter administrator and the correct password, but it just reverts to the prompt again.

I've reverted to a backup version of the WS2016 VM from May last year. I tried the token-key method, with the same result as previously. Then brought it up-to-date on updates including the 2018-01 update which caused errors on the VM I first worked with. Tried token-key again, same result. Then tried your suggestion.

In the absence of any better ideas, I'll try with a different browser tomorrow.

Thanks, John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I switched to FireFox and the GroupWise 18 install worked perfectly. I was previously using IE 11 which is the default on WS2016. GroupWise 2014 had installed without issues using IE on WS2012, but that was 4 years ago.

John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback. This information is very useful to know.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Svar: Re: Authorize install issue with GroupWise 18 on WS 2016

In my test setup I had problems with the admin console as well. But when I changed the URL from server name to server IP it worked.
I run the W2016 in a virtual Citrix XEN enviroment. Will do one more test setup soon before moving the production from W2008R2 to W2016. And now I know, I should use another browser, if access to admin fails 🙂

Kind regards

Jens Jakob, Dansk CEntralbibliotek

>>> johnbaird<johnbaird@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 18-01-2018 00:54 >>>

I switched to FireFox and the GroupWise 18 install worked perfectly. I

was previously using IE 11 which is the default on WS2016. GroupWise

2014 had installed without issues using IE on WS2012, but that was 4

years ago.

John

--

johnbaird

------------------------------------------------------------------------
johnbaird's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=41963

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=506688
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.