Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Auto Discover with different idomains question

My mobility servers have the same name inside and outside but our email addresses are different.

For example, our mobility servers are server.health.unm.edu but our email addresses are user@salud.unm.edu, user@unmmg.org and user@srmc.unm.edu and these users are spread across multiple mobility servers without regard to email address or organization (all in a single GW system).

Can I use auto discover with this setup?

Thanks,

Al

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Auto Discover with different idomains question

Hi Al,

I am working on the same type of configuration. Though I only have one Mobility server. I have set up the correct DNS entry. I used the SRV record to point to the A name of our mobility server. I then put a wildcard certificate in place using the TID about doing so with Mobility.

The one issue I have is that the autodiscover/Mobility Service seems to return the Exchange Server name based on the domain name in the email address. So the user enters bob@xyz.com and auto discovery kicks in, passes through the correct username, password, but in the Exchange Server where out mobility.xyz.com should be place it instead places just the domain from the email entry - xyz.com - which does not resolve to our mobility server.

This is very similar to your setup and how your mobility DNS entry does not match your email DNS entry. I would think this would be normal for many locations.

I tested my autodiscover setup with the recommended Microsoft test site. The site reports that it autodiscover is working, it can locate my mobility.xyz.com, confirm it's SSL certificate is completely valid, and connection are allowed on port 443.

Does anyone out there know how to have autodiscover from GMS 2.0 return the correct Exchange Server address to a client?

Thanks,
-Nyle
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Auto Discover with different idomains question

Hi,

Same situation here.

With gms2 server on mobile.domain2.com and my user email is on user@domain1.com.

How to setup the DNS ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.