Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tjacksonbcg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BES 5.01 with various Groupwise 8.0.2 releases - feedbac

kjhurni;2086352 wrote:
You're welcome. Ironically WE had to find this out because RIM is so incompetent they couldn't figure this out themselves. We were able to duplicate the problem "at will" using every version of the transporter they told us to.

Only took about 3-4 months of "working" with RIM to figure this out. VERY frustrating.

FYI - I see release notes posted for MR2. I guess it will be released soon. Fingers crossed that some of these issues are addressed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
izgoblin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BES 5.01 with various Groupwise 8.0.2 releases - feedbac

tjacksonbcg;2088098 wrote:
FYI - I see release notes posted for MR2. I guess it will be released soon. Fingers crossed that some of these issues are addressed.

We installed MR2 a while back and we still have complaints of addresses being duplicated seemingly without any reason and calendar entries either never being sync'd to the BB during an Enterprise Activation or being lost on the BB but remaining in Groupwise.

My faith in these two products ever working well together again has completely diminished. Best thing I can offer the users who can't deal with issues like this (ya know, anyone who actually uses the BB for anything other than email) is an iPhone solution with Novell Data Sync. That seems to work much better, but unfortunately the security of the iPhone doesn't compare to the Blackberry.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.