Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

BES10 Secure Workspace functionality on iOS and Android.

Hello.

Was wondering if anyone on this forum have had any sucess with BES10 Secure Work Space with iOS and Android devices?

We have moved to BES10 (GMS2) with our BB10 devices but I was told there was some issues with keeping the work side private and its related to Groupwise or Blackberry not supporting the function based on GroupWise System So, if anyone has had sucess let me know.

Also, I would ask that if you might need this function, now or in the future, please contact Blackberry to get traction for full support for GroupWise.

Thanks,

See email below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
....GroupWise Analyst here at BlackBerry, I'll be glad to help you with your questions.

To answer your questions:

- The Secure Work Space applications on the iOS / Android devices will be password protected with the work space password, this is not dependent on GroupWise, so here you should be good

- Removal of the work space and deletion of work data will likewise work, this is also not dependent on GroupWise

Unfortunately for email related items (email / PIM / calendar - basically anything that GroupWise provides) is not currently supported with the Secure Work Space on iOS / Android devices. If you can refer to our compatibility guide:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/55583/BES10_and_Mobile_Device_OS_Compatibility_Matrix_en.pdf
you'll see in the Secure Work Space section (pages 11-12) that presently GroupWise is listed as not supported (NS).

What I have done is advise a team here internally that is keeping track of customers who have requested this functionality, I would not be able to provide any kind of ETA though on when or if it will be supported at this point, I do apologize for this.

I do know some customers have tried using it and have had various levels of success, so points I would just like to include at this point:

- You need to be on GroupWise Mobility Service 2 as opposed to the earlier Novell Data Synchronizer 1.2.5 for support with BlackBerry 10 devices and iOS / Android outside of the Secure Work Space (see page 15 in the compatibility guide). We would recommend that you be at GMS 2 if you are going to try out Secure Work Space, as it has support for ActiveSync protocol 12.1 (Data Synchronizer was at 2.5), customers have generally seen better results.

- For your eDirectory we do as of BES 10.2 support a direct LDAP integration, so you can setup an LDAP company directory and search directly in eDirectory for your users, so no Active Directory is required

- The KB34607 link that was provided that you could not reach is unfortunately only internal at this stage, the GroupWise relevant information in that article mentioned there being no support with Secure Work Space and GroupWise

- For the article KB33877 that you were able to reach I noted some outdated information in there as compared to what I'm providing you above, I have updated the article internally, the public article should be updated at some point once those changes are approved

Can you confirm your exact BES 10 version please? Is it BES 10.2.2?

If I have missed any information you were requesting please let me know, or please let me know if you need further information on this case.

Thank you
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BES10 Secure Workspace functionality on iOS and Android.

EBSR,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BES10 Secure Workspace functionality on iOS and Android.

Hi EBSR,

We have 3 iPhones operational so far using Secure Work connect.

We are only using port 3101. Our GSM is fully firewalled.

We are having many issues trying to add our 4th and 5th phone. IOS is reporting it is unable to verify account details.

RIM has not been very helpful and is very quick to say that they do not support GroupWise in conjunction with Secure Work Connect.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.