Highlighted
jstonend Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backing Up GroupWise

Hey,

Anyone got any good and trusted solutions for backing up GroupWise databases and user files and what-not?

Thanks in advance!!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Backing Up GroupWise

DBCopy can be your friend for backups if you want to script a free solution. I'm sure that there are many people in the forums here who can help you with such scripts.

My environment, which is dictated to me, is backed up using commercial software. I'm running OES and the software has agents for Linux. We backup the full NSS volume that GroupWise runs on and have never had any issues with recovery - did a POA recovery last week to get back e-mails accidentally deleted and it all worked fine.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
jmarton2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jstonend wrote:

> Anyone got any good and trusted solutions for backing up GroupWise
> databases and user files and what-not?

Go here:

http://www.novell.com/products/groupwise/partners.html

And select "Backup, Restore, Recovery" on the left.

--
We're your Novell--again. http://www.novell.com/promo/backtobasics.html
BrainShare 2013 is coming! http://www.brainshare.com

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also look here: GWCheck /.beta

There are many backup solutions...you will have to decide on which one is right for you...same as any other issue with choices.

--El

jstonend;2228133 wrote:
Hey,

Anyone got any good and trusted solutions for backing up GroupWise databases and user files and what-not?

Thanks in advance!!

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
gleach1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I either use dbcopy to get a backup of the data and then filereplicationpro to replicate the backup to another box, or SEP Sesam with the groupwise backup option installed

both seem to work quite nicely (the filereplicationpro option is quite a bit cheaper than SEP)

0 Likes
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

gleach1 wrote:

>
> I either use dbcopy to get a backup of the data and then
> filereplicationpro to replicate the backup to another box, or SEP Sesam
> with the groupwise backup option installed
>
> both seem to work quite nicely (the filereplicationpro option is quite
> a bit cheaper than SEP)
>
>

I use Sep Sesam here and don't use the GW module. I use tsafs with gwenable
switch and backs everything up great. Yes I have had to restore and have not
lost anything ever.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.