dominicus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Best way to have an emailadress for an department

Hi
We have a department with 7 people who all have personal emailaddresses. We would like to have a couple of general addresses to this appartment wich would be readable from everyones account.
When a person picks an email from this general account and answers it would be sent from their personal account so that answers get to the right person.

What would be the best way to put this up?

-a new account wich is readable from everyone?

sincerely

Dominicus

DominicusB, architect/magician, Southern Finland Former Netware now SLES 11sp1/GW2012 + OES2sp1 just for ifolder + SLES11/mobile datasync. All virtualized on our macmini with VMware Fusion 4 - works great!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Best way to have an emailadress for an department

Hi Dominicus

You could just set up a distribution list that has all the people in that department as members.

Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dominicus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to know how it works. I need the message to be possible to be moved from the mailbox so that everyone else knows that person 1 has taken care of that mail.

If I take care of the mail and drag it to my subfolder it needs to be removed from everyone elses mailbox - is this the way with distribution lists?

---------

You could just set up a distribution list that has all the people in that department as members.

Let me know if you need more information.

-----

DominicusB, architect/magician, Southern Finland Former Netware now SLES 11sp1/GW2012 + OES2sp1 just for ifolder + SLES11/mobile datasync. All virtualized on our macmini with VMware Fusion 4 - works great!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dominicus

Based on the information given a distribution list won't work for you. You will need to set up a seperate e-mail account and give all members of the department full proxy access.

Let me know if you need further information.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dominicus Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks I'll go for this approach
Thanks for your help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.