tbundy427 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BlueMail vs GMS?

Build 14.2.0 build 279

Nexus 6p Android 6.0.1

User installs BlueMail. Attempts to setup exchange account with valid settings. The client responds:

Error

Cannot connect to server.
(3014)

----------------

I tried on my HTC with Android 5.0.1 same error. We were able to get other clients working. Any ideas?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: BlueMail vs GMS?

I get the same error on my Nexus 6p.
Is the Exchange option in bluemail really using the EAS (Exchange ActiveSync), or is this EWS (Exchange web service)?

Shane Nielson Kind of alright at doing stuff with the computer thing
0 Likes
tbundy427 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good question!
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I couldn't seem to track down which one it is unfortunately. Maybe you'll have better luck 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Mon, 02 May 2016 15:46:03 GMT, snielson
<snielson@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
> I get the same error on my Nexus 6p.
> Is the Exchange option in bluemail really using the EAS (Exchange
> ActiveSync), or is this EWS (Exchange web service)?

Blue Mail uses AWS currently for its proxy / push services
0 Likes
snielson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I contacted BlueMail support on this, and they said to have a beta client that should solve this exchange issue. I say contact them, and ask for that beta client.. Let us know if it works 🙂

0 Likes
tbundy427 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

snielson;2427804 wrote:
I contacted BlueMail support on this, and they said to have a beta client that should solve this exchange issue. I say contact them, and ask for that beta client.. Let us know if it works 🙂

Thanks! Both the user in question and I are on the "beta" list!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.