Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bug or feature

Hello: This post is related to my previous post concerning access rules.

I have created new access rules for email traffic. Here they are:

1. Default Email (novell supplied) - allows all email traffic
2. Deny All Email - prevents access to all email traffic - assigned to our domain.
3. Allow SMTP Email - Allows in/out SMTP traffic - assigned to privileged users.

The above rules should deny access to email except for those employees in the Rule #3. Since the Deny Rule #2 in associated with the domain, any new user will automatically be denied email access until assigned to Rule #3.

The above works great except for one BIG issue. Any nickname email address is denied. So any user in Rule #3 can only send/receive email by using their user name and not by using any nickname. If I replace Rule #2's associations with user associations, then nicknames work again. So it seems that the domain association prevents the use of nicknames.

So my question is simple; Is this a feature for a bug? Thanks, Chris.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bug or feature

PS: I was able to workaround this by associating the DENY Rule #2 with a distribution list that contains all employees. This change does exactly what a domain association should do - and it works. I still say this is a bug.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.