kheinz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

C/S Users - High

I was looking at the Web Status (Port 7181) of our POA and noticed that our C/S Users is higher than the number employees we have employed here. So looking at the list of people listed, it shows many people twice in the list. Some show they logged in seconds apart from each other. I do see some have () on them, from which I learned is proxy use but why are the others duplicated?

Just wondering,
Ken
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: C/S Users - High

I think partly this can be because people are using the client whilst also accessing via webaccess and data sync.
0 Likes
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Are they running Notify? You can also use netstat -an | grep IP.OF.A.USER and see how many established connections there are.

-- Bob
0 Likes
kheinz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes we do use GMS and notify. Those all get accounted for under there as well?

Sincerely,
Ken
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ken,

The actual client will use a connection. Then notify uses a separate connection, then GMS, and so it goes.

In my experience my C/S users is roughly 3 x my actual number of users.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
mfaust Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Every Proxy connection adds to c/s users. With the introduction of proxy calendars we saw quite a rise in c/s connections. One of our POs peaks over 1000 C/S connection while having only about 50 Users... everyone has everyone elses calendar as proxy.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.