Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.
476 views

Calendar Entry creator

Is there any way to tell who created a calendar entry - ie either the
user or proxy user ?


Steve
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar Entry creator

Hi Steve,

If a person proxy's into another person's account and then schedules an appointment, it will show as the account that was proxied as the person is acting on behalf of whomevers account they have proxied into. I hope that I'm making sense.

In my system UserA proxy's into UserB's account. UserA then schedules an appointment using UserB's account. The appointment shows that it was UserB who scheduled the appointment. I can't find anywhere where it will state that it was in fact UserA acting on behalf of UserB.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Calendar Entry creator

Sorry for the delay - was away for a while - Where do I see this
information ? I've looked all over the calendar

laurabuckley wrote:

>
> Hi Steve,
>
> If a person proxy's into another person's account and then schedules
> an appointment, it will show as the account that was proxied as the
> person is acting on behalf of whomevers account they have proxied
> into. I hope that I'm making sense.
>
> Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar Entry creator

Hi,

Open the appointment and then go to the properties of it. There it will state the "From" address and will show you the owner of the account that was used to schedule the appointment.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Calendar Entry creator

If another proxy user modifes the orginal appointment, will that user
show as the From user ?

laurabuckley wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> Open the appointment and then go to the properties of it. There it
> will state the "From" address and will show you the owner of the
> account that was used to schedule the appointment.
>
> Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Calendar Entry creator

When I look at the properties for this user's calendar (View / display
Settings / Details) the From lists only the user.
This person Never creates his appopintments - his various staff do ...

This is GW 8.03 ....


Steve Babcock wrote:

> Sorry for the delay - was away for a while - Where do I see this
> information ? I've looked all over the calendar
>
> laurabuckley wrote:
>
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > If a person proxy's into another person's account and then schedules
> > an appointment, it will show as the account that was proxied as the
> > person is acting on behalf of whomevers account they have proxied
> > into. I hope that I'm making sense.
> >
> > Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar Entry creator

Hi,

Nope. Only the owner of the mailbox shows up.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Calendar Entry creator

Also in 2012 client, I only see the main user name in the From field

Steve Babcock wrote:

> When I look at the properties for this user's calendar (View / display
> Settings / Details) the From lists only the user.
> This person Never creates his appopintments - his various staff do ...
>
> This is GW 8.03 ....
>
>
> Steve Babcock wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the delay - was away for a while - Where do I see this
> > information ? I've looked all over the calendar
> >
> > laurabuckley wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Hi Steve,
> > >
> > > If a person proxy's into another person's account and then
> > > schedules an appointment, it will show as the account that was
> > > proxied as the person is acting on behalf of whomevers account
> > > they have proxied into. I hope that I'm making sense.
> > >
> > > Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar Entry creator

That is correct.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.