scoobygeorge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Calendar bug ?

We are on 2014 Groupwise, not R2.

If a user makes a change to a scheduled calendar appointment with others using the Groupwise client, it sends one email to the users, to confirm.
If the user makes a change using their smart phone, instead of the Groupwise client, it sends two emails.
- One email says "Fwd: Meeting Cancelled"
- Second email is the same one that gets generated with the Novell client.

So is there a way to change the behavior so there is consistancy? Either take away the "Fwd: Meeting Cancelled" email generated by phone, or add this to the Novell client?

Thanks,

George

Groupwise 2014 Program Release 14.0.2, bild 120664
Phones are using Microsoft Active Sync, through Maas360 portal.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar bug ?

Hi George,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Firstly to clarify... by "Novell Client" I assume you are referring to the GroupWise client?

Secondly... are you using GMS to sync the information to your devices?

If so then, as far as I can recall, this was a known bug fixed in newer versions of the backend software installs.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
scoobygeorge Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Laura, thank you for responding 🙂

You assumed correctly on us using the Groupwise client, which generates only one email when calendar edits are made.

We are on GMS, the version is 2.10, build 230.

Would upgrading to R2 SP1 address this type of bug?

Thanks,

George
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi George,

I believe that an upgrade of your GMS system is more critical in resolving this issue. You should also seriously consider upgrading your GroupWise system to the latest shipping code too.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.