Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Calendar sharing

Since GW7 through 2012 we have had a system user that shared their calendar with everyone. This allowed us to post to this shared calendar and all could view it. It still works in 2014, but we are now unable to add, modify or remove users from this calendar. Was the sharing changed in 2014 to only include sub-calendars only?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
18 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Calendar sharing

Hi,

From all my testing through the beta phases right into production of GroupWise 2014 I have not found any difference in how the calendar sharing has worked. I think that something may be a little wonky on the account in question. Have you run any GWCheck routines, and if so, which ones?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is also the same with my own calendar, I cannot share it unless I create a new sub calendar. I can run some maintenance against my mailbox to see what kind of results it yields.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Let me do some more testing on my side. I think that I got confused between calendar sharing and proxy access to the calendar 😞

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Was there any conclusions regarding this?

I am experiencing some rather strange anomolies with a similarly shared calendar.

We have a global calendar for our school using a central 'Office' account and sharing a calendar from that account to all members of staff. We have encountered varied and numerous anomolies none of which are detected by GWCheck.

Case 1. Some of the accounts have the calendar shared with them, but the calendar is blank.

Case 2. Some of the accounts have the shared calendar but they are not included in the share list of the calendar.

Case 3. When adding a new account to the share list, the notification inludes a spurious entry(ies) to delete the calendar from a member(s) account last created in case 2

The documentation for GroupWise is quite sparse regarding sharing, only describing how to share things. There is no information useful for administering and trouble shooting sharing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry Carl, I cannot recall if we resolved it or not as it was about 2 years ago. We have since moved to Office365. I just shut down the GW server earlier this week.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The only thing that I can think of, at this point, is if the calendar is shared across more than one post office you might have a corrupt/damaged prime user database.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We only have one PO on one Domain. I have run the validate for the Domain and the Post Office and they both come back clean.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Run a GWCheck against the owner of the Calendar. Untick Structure, tick Contents and the other options under Contents. Take a look at the resultant GWCheck log file and let us know if any errors are reported.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

laurabuckley;2435311 wrote:
Hi,

Run a GWCheck against the owner of the Calendar. Untick Structure, tick Contents and the other options under Contents. Take a look at the resultant GWCheck log file and let us know if any errors are reported.

Cheers,

No errors reported. There are however these 'odd' entries.

Search "granted" (14 hits in 1 file)
C:\Users\PCarlson\Documents\GroupWise\gwcheck_2.log (14 hits)
Line 39902: Access granted for user RIles = 255
Line 39903: Access granted for user RIles@saintmartins-school.com = 29
Line 39905: Access granted for user CNuttall = 255
Line 39906: Access granted for user CNuttall@saintmartins-school.com = 32
Line 39908: Access granted for user MWade = 255
Line 39909: Access granted for user MWade@saintmartins-school.com = 29
Line 39923: Access granted for user RFriend = 255
Line 39924: Access granted for user RFriend@saintmartins-school.com = 31
Line 43024: Access granted for user LBe = 64
Line 43025: Access granted for user LBe@saintmartins-school.com = 27
Line 43027: Access granted for user PCarlson = 64
Line 43028: Access granted for user PCarlson@saintmartins-school.com = 32
Line 43030: Access granted for user Maintenance = 64
Line 43031: Access granted for user Maintenance@saintmartins-school.com = 35

The first four users have full Proxy rights to the account, The others do not have Proxy access, I (PCarlson) did at one time, but removed it, the others are two of the 'troublesome' users in the share list.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Run GWCheck again, like before, but on the Misc. tab put in the following: proxyfix

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do I need to select the Fix Problems check box?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.