Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't Copy from Message Source Tab

I recently upgraded to GW 14.0.2 120664 and one of my users discovered that you can no longer copy text from the Message Source tab and paste it into another document. I occasionally have to do this when troubleshooting mailflow issues.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not quite following/understanding your question, so kindly clarify something for me.... are you referring to the information on the Properties tab of the mail?

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alright, I have some clarification. In a received message you have the Properties, Message Source, and Discussion Thread tabs. My user pointed out that when you select the Message Source tab and highlight text, if you right-click the menu option to Copy the selected text is grayed out. We did discover that you can Ctrl+C to copy the text and paste it into whatever you are pasting it to, but in my haste I did not fully test this before posting this. It is odd though that the menu does not allow for the option to select Copy where the Ctrl+C does still work though.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I'm running the exact same version of the client as you.

If I go the the properties tab and highlight text on that page, right-click, the Copy option is available. Not too sure why this isn't working for you!

Perhaps run a "Reset Client Options" GWCheck?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had to do a reinstall of GW on my own system because my Address Book stopped displaying my contacts and it appears that it may have fixed the issue on my own system. I'm going to try a reinstall on the user's system to see if that fixes the copy option from appearing for them as well. This is one thing that I have noticed with GW for quite some time, it often experiences upgrade errors such as dll's not applying, or recently the Word/Excel add-ins throwing error messages from a 2012 to 2014 upgrade. Aside we always seem to have some sort of issue if we "upgrade" versus uninstall the old and install the new version.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

On the majority of my machines the last time we did an uninstall prior installing a new version was back when moving from V7 to V8. I guess that I am lucky 🙂

I do hope that you come right with sorting your issue, but please do let us know how it goes as we could all learn from your experience.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

marklar23 wrote:

>
> I recently upgraded to GW 14.0.2 120664 and one of my users discovered
> that you can no longer copy text from the Message Source tab and paste
> it into another document. I occasionally have to do this when
> troubleshooting mailflow issues.

I'm running a newer, non-public build (121846) and it's working for me.
You may wish to open an SR and request an FTF client build.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
Supercharge your IT knowledge. http://www.novell.com/techtalks/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.