plaubscher Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Can't create new Post Office on SLES11 OES11

To whom it may concern

On my SLES11 OES11 Server, I connect to my Primary Domian in ConsoleOne.I Right click on my container were all the other Post Offices exist.I select new > object > select GroupWise Post Ofice.Add Location > SDD > PO Location > Platform > Timezone >Language > Additional Properties and select next.I add the IP address of the new Server and select Finish.

After selecting Finish It goes back to the setup screen again, without creating any new Post Office.I do have the correct GroupWise 8.0.3 HP1 snapins installed in ConsolOne.I even reinstalled ConsoleOne, and I even tried to create the Post Office from my Primary Domain login, on to that Linux Server itself.

What else can I try to do to create my new Post Office.

Regards
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can't create new Post Office on SLES11 OES11

Hi,

Instead of doing this from the eDirectory view in ConsoleOne, open the GroupWise view. Connect to the owning domain. Then right-click the domain and select New | Post Office | etc, etc.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Thanks for responding.Yes I did try it as you mentioned, but still no luck.I then connected to the Primary Domain (DOMx)and it actually worked, but obviously I had to delete the PO and POA again, because I don't want my Primary Domain (DOMx) to be the new Domain called (DOMxx).
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have a Software Distribution Directory configured? (Groupwise view, GW System operations, Software Directory Management)

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
dzanre1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uwe Buckesfeld wrote:

> Do you have a Software Distribution Directory configured? (Groupwise view, GW
> System operations, Software Directory Management)

And, is there a wpoffice folder under the primary domain with dc files inside
it?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site.
http://www.caledonia.net/register

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yes my SDD is configured correctly, and there is an wpoffice folder with an ngwguard.dc file inside it.I though it was an LDpath issue in ConsoleOne just adding the /bin in the config file of ConsoleOne, but it is not the issue.The strange thing is, if it was ConsoleOne or JAVA I would have seen errors but I don't see any errors.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

In your secondary domain, the one that you want to "own" the Post Office - take a look in it's directory for a gwpo.dc file. Let us know if it's there.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I opened a SR at Novell.We used the following TID : Support | How to create a Secondary Domain on Linux that I used to to create my Secondary Domain, but just for creating my PO and POA.It worked.And my agents are all up and running again.

Thanks for the support.

Regards
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedback - that way we all learn 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.