ruchd1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't create second GWIA in Groupwise 2014

Upgraded from Groupwise 2012.0.3 to Groupwise 2014.0.1 Everything went fine with the upgrade process. The existing GWIA on our primary domain upgraded fine and is working with not problems. The problem comes in when trying to create a second GWIA in any domain, primary or secondary.

I connect to the domain, go to Internet Agents, click new, fill out the info and after a few seconds I get "Internet Agent "GWIA" creation failed." Looking in the domain wpgate directory I can see that the gwia folder was created and the wpcin and wpcout folders where created and a couple of files under that but nothing else. The rest of the folder structure is not there, ie defer,dsnhold, gwhold...etc.

I am pretty certain I am doing it correctly as I am able to create multiple GWIAs on my test server using the same process. It seems cut and dry. The only difference is that my live environment was upgraded from 2012 and my test server was a clean install of 2014.

Anyone have any ideas what may be happening?

Thanks
Dave
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can't create second GWIA in Groupwise 2014

Hi Dave,

It might not have anything to do with the fact that your "live" system was upgraded. Mine has been upgraded over the years and I've connected to the primary domain and created a new GWIA without any errors.

Is this on Linux or Windows?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
ruchd1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Laura - this is a Windows 2012 box.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry, I don't have one of those lying around to test on 😞

If nobody else pops by with some bright suggestion shortly I would suggest that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support - depending on the urgency of your situation of course.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.