Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Can't send email via 2012 client from Sage Line 50

One of our customers uses Sage Line 50 to invoice customers and they use the email option straight from the Sage application. Previously on GroupWise 6.5 this worked fine - we had to mess about with the mapi.dlls sometimes on the odd machine but in general it worked and sent the email via the GW client on the PC.

They've jst been upgrade to GW 2012 on OES linux. Now doing the same thing after upgrading the client on the PC to GW2012 (SP1) Returns the following error:
--
Sage 50 Account Professional 2012 - COMPANY XXX: SBDDesktop.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point WpS6toUnicodePtr could not be located in the dynamic link library gwenv1.dll
--

We've checked the data of gwenv1.dll and it is from 2012 SP1. We've manually run the wms install included in 2012 SP1 client folder to put the latest WMS files on and rebooted. Still the same error.
Don't really want to tell the customer that they bright and shiny new system is all working but they're stuck with the old GW6.5 client on the PCs (the old version still on the other PCs works OK still - only upgraded one to test luckily).

Any ideas?
M
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't send email via 2012 client from Sage Line 50

M

wild guess, but did you try putting the old gwenv1.dll in the folder where the SBDDesktop.exe resides?

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the suggestion Uwe, but we found something else in our testing - see below.

It appears that the whole WMS <-> GroupWise part was having issues to resolve it had to do the following (not all of these steps may have been required but certainly the last couple were):

First removed the installation of an old Outlook 97 client (customer still using Office 97)
Reran the wms installer from within the 2012 client folders
It was still failing at this point - also discovered that Double clicking on the Windows Inbox icon (WMS) caused pretty much the same set of errors in gwenv1.dll to be reported so that eliminated the issue being specifically Sage related
Ran a repair on the GroupWise 2012 client install from inside Add/Remove Programs
At this point double clicking on the Inbox (WMS) icon didn't raise any errors but did seem to hang and had to kill the WMS process
Tried Sage again and sometimes the report emails were now being produced and other times nothing appeared in GroupWise, even though Sage said it had worked - after a number of head scratches decided to reboot the PC and (touch wood) everything is now working reliably

So it took a while but have resolved the issue I think. Have a couple more machines to upgrade the client on and hopefully (some of) the steps above will be all that's needed to get WMS and application <-> GW integration working reliably.

Mark.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mark,

glad you found a solution!

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.