Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Can we delete ldap servers?

Our messenger system uses eDirectory LDAP servers for authentication, not Groupwise. When a new user is provisioned the messenger system assigns them by default to a Groupwise ldap server by default. The result is the user can't authenticate unless they are disassociated from the Groupwise ldap object and resaaigned to the eDirectory ldap object. Our GW administrators continually forget to make this change resulting in extra calls to the help desk for every user account.

All this caused me to wonder what would happen if I delete the Groupwise ldap servers from the list of ldap providers would it fix the problem or break my messenger system.

We have the 18.01 release
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can we delete ldap servers?

Hi,

Disable automatic sync on the LDAP configured on the MTA. That should do it for you.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Can we delete ldap servers?

Thanks Laura. We'll try that out.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.