Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Cannot add users to GMS

Hi,

Running GMS version 14.2.1 build 289 on SuSE11sp4 on a VM and Groupwise 14.2.1 (R2). This has been running perfectly for a long time.

When trying to add a new users, I type in the GW login name or part of the name and the system comes back with "No results found" for both GW and LDAP provision.

Checked the log files but found nothing unusual. Stopped and started the services and finally rebooted the VM. (Have not restarted the GW server yet)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards
John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot add users to GMS

Hi John,

In the GMS Admin Console --> Config --> User Source --> what is configured there?

Just a tip for how I manage my GMS users --> I use GroupWise as my source --> create a group in GroupWise --> manage my GMS users simply by adding/removing them to/from the group.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Cannot add users to GMS

Hi Laura,

The "User Source" was set to Groupwise. Changed it back to LDAP and all good now.

Thanks again for your help.
John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.