ohico Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Cannot connect to GroupWise administration to verify license

Our GMS 18.1.0 Build: 410 has just started showing us this warning:
"Cannot connect to GroupWise administration to verify license. Resolve connection issues within 27 days to avoid service interruption."

Our GW system was upgraded to GW18.1 on Dec. 1st and a newly installed GMS server installed.

I see from our GMS installation notes that we had provided a GroupWise Administrator user name "gwadmin" during the installation and its password.
After doing so the installation reported:
GW Admin validated successfully.
GW license verified successfully.

I know that the password for the user "gwadmin" has since changed, is that the problem?
If yes, how can we now have GMS re-verify its license information by providing the valid GW Administrator credentials?

If that's not the issue, any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot connect to GroupWise administration to verify license

Ohico,

> If that's not the issue, any suggestions?

Please follow the steps in tid

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023501

then do a reinstall.

Thanks,

Pam

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

W dniu 2019-01-07 o 21:32, Pam Robello pisze:
> Ohico,
>
>> If that's not the issue, any suggestions?

>
> Please follow the steps in tid
>
> https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023501
>
> then do a reinstall.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pam
>

I have the same problem. This TID didin't help for me.

---
Ta wiadomość e-mail została sprawdzona pod kątem wirusów przez oprogramowanie AVG.
http://www.avg.com

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot connect to GroupWise administration to verify lic

Hi,

From the directory where you mounted the GMS ISO... look for "validateGroupWiseAdmin.pyc"

Then do a: python validateGroupWiseAdmin.pyc -gc [GWServer] [Port] [GWUserName] [GWPassword] [--verbose] -- that will get the GroupWise CA certificate
Then do a: python validateGroupWiseAdmin.pyc -sl [GWServer] [Port] [GWUserName] [GWPassword] [--verbose] -- that will store the GroupWise license

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Pawel,

> I have the same problem. This TID didin't help for me.

Sadly it's likely time to open an SR.

Pam

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.