Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
billp1955 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot delete contact from Address book

GW 2012 sp3 on Windows 2008r2. The client is also GW 2012 sp3. My user has an address book named Outlook Address Book. He has created another address book called Contacts. He is trying to delete a contact from the Contacts address book. Once you touch a contact in that book the address book totally locks up and the only way out is to kill the addrbook process in Windows task manager. I mentioned Outlook Address Book because while I was looking around I found that Contacts was an entry inside of it. However, it is grayed out and you cannot do anything to it. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Bill
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot delete contact from Address book

Hi Bill,

In Outlook there is a default Address Book created for a user called "Contacts". Now considering that there is both a "Contacts" book and an "Outlook" book makes me think that at some point there was a connection between Outlook and GroupWise.

My first suggestion is to try fix this on another workstation to rule out the possibility of an Outlook mail profile lurking on the user's computer.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
billp1955 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Your solution worked. Thanks.

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 4/14/2016 2:16:PM >>>

Hi Bill,

In Outlook there is a default Address Book created for a user called
"Contacts". Now considering that there is both a "Contacts" book and an
"Outlook" book makes me think that at some point there was a connection
between Outlook and GroupWise.

My first suggestion is to try fix this on another workstation to rule
out the possibility of an Outlook mail profile lurking on the user's
computer.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

--
Laura Buckley
Technical Consultant
IT Dynamics, South Africa

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
laurabuckley's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=497888
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Bill,

Glad that you have it sorted - thanks for the feedback 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.