Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot login to GMS after upgrade to 2.0

Hi
I upgraded from version 1.2 to 2.0 on Sunday. Everything worked fine and mail flowed after the upgrade. I also changed the authentication method from LDAP to GroupWise per the recommendation in Danita's book. Everything appeared fine. I restarted the service. We had no problems on Monday but today, Tuesday morning, we are unable to connect to the server INCLUDING admin access to the Admin Web Console. I get the "Invalid user name/password" error. I have restarted GMS again and all services are running but still cannot access the console.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks,
Rod
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot login to GMS after upgrade to 2.0

rjfraser wrote:

> I also changed the authentication
> method from LDAP to GroupWise per the recommendation in Danita's book.

If you changed the authentication to GroupWise, then you probably can't log into
the web admin as "admin" - have you tried root?

--
Danita
Novell Knowledge Partner
GroupWise Mobility Service 2.0 Guide - http://bit.ly/1cv13RE

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...

Are you a GroupWise Power Administrator? Join our site at
http://www.caledonia.net/register
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, Danita, worked like magic 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A follow up question:

Having changed from LDAP authentication to GroupWise, what do I need to do in GMS to accommodate this change. With LDAP I added uses to a group in C1 and they got added to Mobility. Reading Danita's book, it looks like this now has to be done through a GroupWise distribution list. Does this mean deleting the C1 group, which will remove all users from GMS, add a distribution list? What is this going to do to all the devices out in the field? Is there some documentation on how to make this transition? Or should I just go back to LDAP?

Thanks, Rod
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.