ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot reply to emails

When one of our users receives an email and clicks on reply they do not get the To, CC, BC Subject or message screen.- basically nothing in the mail tab but can see the "send Options" info. - GroupWise 2014 client is installed.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cannot reply to emails

In article <ahennessy.73okyo@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Ahennessy
wrote:
> When one of our users receives an email and clicks on reply they do not
> get the To, CC, BC Subject or message screen.- basically nothing in the
> mail tab but can see the "send Options" info. - GroupWise 2014 client is
> installed.

Is this all emails?
If they login to GroupWise on another system, does this also happen? What
if someone else logs on to this system? I.e. Is the problem user specific
or computer specific?

Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

This is happening on the culprit pc only it would appear. I login with my own credentials and my view is the same. I cannot see the subject line, I can click on reply to I cannot type a reply or see recipients etc. Perhaps it is a client view setting and I removed and re-installed the mail client without success. I reset the client options and this didn't work either.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
0 Likes
ahennessy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After removing and rebooting and re-installing the GW 2014 client several times this issue persisted. I removed GW2014 client and re-installed the Gw8.02 client and it works fine. I then upgraded that client to 2014 and the problem returned.

Frustrated, I removed the Gw2014 client and put on the 8.02 client instead which works fine. I intend to leave it like this until a satisfactory solution can be found.
0 Likes
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ahennessy,

is this the latest client, i.e., 2014SP2?
Try and delete all reg keys under HKCU/Software/Novell/Groupwise/Client/View Settings

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.