Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Cannot send files larger than 760kbyte in GW WEB

Jump to solution

Hello,

Every time I try to add a file larger then 760kbyte, I get "Error communicating with the GroupWise server." error in GW WEB. POA is 18.2.1, GW WEB is 18.2.1 build 136100.

Happens also when I try to forward an email with an attachment larger than 760kbyte.

Is there a setting to increase the attachment file size?

Regards,

Gellert

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot send files larger than 760kbyte in GW WEB

Jump to solution

Problem solved!

Turns out that "client_max_body_size 0;" was missing from the nginx config in front of the webaccess-ng docker container. This nginx container was set up to allow load balancing between multiple webaccess-ng containers. I can now attach dvd-s to emails 🙂

Thanks,

Gellert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Gellert,

I've been testing with sending 5MB files back and forth using GroupWise Web with no problem.  Just note that the latest build of shipping GroupWise Web is 136777.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Laura,

as far as i know the newest tech preview is build 136100 and the newest official release is 135777. I have not seen a 136777 version yet. I've tested both versions and I cannot attach larger files.

I've also tested build 135307 on a different system and it works. According to your test this could be a system related issue and not software related, but what could it be?

Regards,

Gellert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Gellert,

Apologies, I got my build numbers wrong.

Cheers,

Laura

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
I haven´t ever problem to send larger attachment with GW Web , I started with Tech Preview year ago.
On which OS is the GW Web running ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Problem solved!

Turns out that "client_max_body_size 0;" was missing from the nginx config in front of the webaccess-ng docker container. This nginx container was set up to allow load balancing between multiple webaccess-ng containers. I can now attach dvd-s to emails 🙂

Thanks,

Gellert

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.