Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
2876 views

Cannot set Groupwise as default MAILTO app Windows 10

Setup Windows 10 Pro with Groupwise 14.2.0
Some user have problem that Groupwise cannot be set as default app.

Setup > Apps > Default Apps > Email = Now TwinUI
When trying to set as Groupwise, the setup screen crashes.

Have tried applying 14.2.3, to no avail.

Any ideas ?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot set Groupwise as default MAILTO app Windows 10

stelgenkamp;2484083 wrote:
Setup Windows 10 Pro with Groupwise 14.2.0
Some user have problem that Groupwise cannot be set as default app.

Setup > Apps > Default Apps > Email = Now TwinUI
When trying to set as Groupwise, the setup screen crashes.

Have tried applying 14.2.3, to no avail.

Any ideas ?


I've had a similar issue, however it is exclusively an issue with Office 2016 (via 365), it seems that there is some sort of registry entry for Office 2016 that supersedes the MailTo defaults and tries to force open Outlook.

Is this what you are having?

You can test it by trying to SendTo via MSPaint (which does work on my machines).

Alternatively, if this is not your problem, I've noticed that windows 10 reg entries no longer require quotation marks around "Program Files" application locations, removing them from the shell reg entries seemed to get the "general mail error" issues resolved.

Regards,
Ry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Cannot set Groupwise as default MAILTO app Windows 10

novell-actsit;2484416 wrote:
I've had a similar issue, however it is exclusively an issue with Office 2016 (via 365), it seems that there is some sort of registry entry for Office 2016 that supersedes the MailTo defaults and tries to force open Outlook.

Is this what you are having?

You can test it by trying to SendTo via MSPaint (which does work on my machines).

Alternatively, if this is not your problem, I've noticed that windows 10 reg entries no longer require quotation marks around "Program Files" application locations, removing them from the shell reg entries seemed to get the "general mail error" issues resolved.

Regards,
Ry.


Would you take a look at this tid - https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7023216 and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Pam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Cannot set Groupwise as default MAILTO app Windows 10

Nope, it appeared there was a problem with the hive rights on the roaming profile.
The owner rights were changed to Administrators, in stead of the user.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Cannot set Groupwise as default MAILTO app Windows 10

In article <stelgenkamp.8nqipc@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Stelgenkamp
wrote:
> Nope, it appeared there was a problem with the hive rights on the
> roaming profile.
> The owner rights were changed to Administrators, in stead of the user.


Thank you for reporting that back. This way someone else with a similar
problem knows what to check.


Andy of
http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
Knowledge Partner
https://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.