Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
emmermacher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change Automatically archiving after x days for single user

Hello.

We're running GW2014 SP2 on SLES11 SP2 OES11 Sp1. One of our CEOs want to archive e-mails automatically after 180 days. The POs default settings are 30 days. When I changed the default value in this account to 180 days, this value wasn't saved. When I click on Ok after modify the value, there comes "Setting saved". When I reopen the settings, there I see the default value (30 days) again. It make no difference when I also click "Save" on user.
How can I save another than default value for a single user?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards.

Dirk Emmermacher
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Change Automatically archiving after x days for single u

Hi Dirk,

By any chance did you "lock" the setting at a Post Office level?

Please let us know - thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Laura.

The settings are not locked at the PO- and Domainlevel.

Regards.

Dirk
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dirk,

Hmmm.... that's a bit odd then. What if you change the setting in the Admin Console for the individual user and then lock it for the user? Does that help.

My system is still on SP1 (long story) and I am unable to duplicate this problem. I'm hoping that some bug hasn't crept in with SP2?

Try the above and let us know - thanks 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello Laura.
With locked value its the same. After reopen the settings the value is on 30 days again. I'll open a SR...
You will get the supports answer soon.

Regards.

Dirk
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Good morning Laura.

The support send me the solution. Here is it:
1. Change the client settings on a domain level just as a test and save them. Then immediately after that change them to what they were before.
2. Do the same on a PO level after that.
3. Try the to change them on a user level and see if you still get the error.
(For my system, these steps are working. The user can now uses other than the default values here)

If you get the error try the following:
1. Validate+recover on the primary domain
2. If the primary is the only domain then continue with rebuild of the PO
3. Try again to see if the user still has the issue

Best regards

Dirk
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Dirk,

I am glad that Support was able to assist you. Thank you for taking the time to post back here 🙂

Did Support indicate if this is a bug?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.