Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Changing user name in GW and eDir

Running Novell SUSE Linux 11 and GW 12. I want to change a user name, which i can do in ConsoleOne by right-clicking on the User and Renaming it. However, if i then try to rename the corresponding GW user, it won't do so, because there is an existing user with the same name. How can this be done?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Changing user name in GW and eDir

Hi,

JackCunha;2329704 wrote:
...because there is an existing user with the same name. How can this be done?

Have you checked to see there is not a GroupWise PO nickname, resource or other that has the same name?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You were right, there was a nickname, which once deleted, allowed me to change the name in both eDir and GW. However, GW is now not associated with the corresponding eDir name. How do i reconnect them?

magic31;2329714 wrote:
Hi,

Have you checked to see there is not a GroupWise PO nickname, resource or other that has the same name?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

JackCunha;2329781 wrote:
However, GW is now not associated with the corresponding eDir name. How do i reconnect them?

You can easily fix that by re-assosiating the GroupWise user object with it's eDirectory counter object.

From the Novell doc's:
novell GW docs wrote:

Associating GroupWise User or External User Objects with eDirectory User Objects

In the GroupWise View in ConsoleOne, select the GroupWise User or External User object you want.

or

In the eDirectory View, select the eDirectory User object you want.

Click Tools > GroupWise Utilities > GW / eDirectory Associations > Associate Objects.

If you selected a GroupWise User or External User object in Step 1, select the eDirectory User object you want to associate with it.

or

If you selected an eDirectory User object in Step 1, select the GroupWise User object you want to associate with it.

Click OK to create the association.

If the eDirectory User object is already associated with another GroupWise object, you receive a warning message indicating this. If you continue, the eDirectory User object is associated with the selected GroupWise object and its association with the other GroupWise object is removed.

If the GroupWise User or External User object is already associated with another eDirectory User object, you receive a warning message indicating this. If you continue, the GroupWise User object is associated with the selected eDirectory object and its association with the other eDirectory object is removed.

Associating GroupWise External Entity Objects with eDirectory External Entity Objects

In the GroupWise View in ConsoleOne, select the GroupWise External Entity object you want.

or

In the eDirectory View, select the eDirectory External Entity object you want.

Click Tools > GroupWise Utilities > GW / eDirectory Associations > Associate Objects.

If you selected a GroupWise External Entity object in Step 1, select the eDirectory External Entity object you want to associate with it.

or

If you selected an eDirectory External Entity object in Step 1, select the GroupWise External Entity object you want to associate with it.

Click OK to create the association.

If the eDirectory External Entity object is already associated with another GroupWise object, you receive a warning message indicating this. If you continue, the eDirectory External Entity object is associated with the selected GroupWise object and its association with the other GroupWise object is removed.

If the GroupWise External Entity object is already associated with another eDirectory External Entity object, you receive a warning message indicating this. If you continue, the GroupWise External Entity object is associated with the selected eDirectory object and its association with the other eDirectory object is removed.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.