Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2205 views

Chrome/IE error - "You are not currently logged in"

We're running WebAccess 8.02 HP2 on SLES 10 SP2. Out of the blue, sometime within the past few weeks, Chrome and Internet Explorer (all versions) have lost considerable functionality. Clients using these browsers cannot send mail or change options (ie change password), amongst other things. When they try, they receive an error that "You are not currently logged in." There is absolutely no indication in the logs (which are set to diagnostic) as to what's taking place, beyond a simple logout command being issued.

Firefox and Safari seem to work just fine (beyond the issue wherein Safari shoots blanks every once in a while).

We've tried restarting (both the related services and the server), disabling cookie security, disabling "use client IP in securing sessions," and recovering the domain database - all to no avail. The strange thing is that we have made absolutely no changes on the back end for a very long time.

This is a virtual server, but it makes no difference whether you boot into VMI or standard mode (we typically use VMI due to the CPU utilization issues in standard mode).

Any assistance that you can offer with regards to solving this mystery would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chrome/IE error - "You are not currently logged in"

An update: I've discovered that if you disable TLS 1.0 within IE/Window's internet options, complete WebAccess functionality is restored within IE. As of yet, I have been unable to find a way to disable TLS 1.0 within Chrome.

This is a nightmare for us, since:

1. We have no group policy control over the hundreds of computers that use our WebAccess portal (many of which are off-site and not company owned).
2. Getting hundreds of users to make this configuration change is a logistical nightmare.
3. Chrome seems to be a non-starter.

Is anyone aware of anything that we can do server-side to disable TLS 1.0 across the board?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chrome/IE error - "You are not currently logged in"

On 1/26/2012 11:46 AM, placlair wrote:
>
> An update: I've discovered that if you disable TLS 1.0 within
> IE/Window's internet options, complete WebAccess functionality is
> restored within IE. As of yet, I have been unable to find a way to
> disable TLS 1.0 within Chrome.
>
> This is a nightmare for us, since:
>
> 1. We have no group policy control over the hundreds of computers that
> use our WebAccess portal (many of which are off-site and not company
> owned).
> 2. Getting hundreds of users to make this configuration change is a
> logistical nightmare.
> 3. Chrome seems to be a non-starter.
>
> Is anyone aware of anything that we can do server-side to disable TLS
> 1.0 across the board?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>

Well I'm sure you can disable this in Apache/IIS

Yup... look up SSLProtocol on google

SSLProtocol +SSLv3

should do it.


0 Likes
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chrome/IE error - "You are not currently logged in"

Thanks Michael. I actually issued "SSLProtocol -TLSv1" in my gw-ssl.conf file, and IE clients now work just fine, even with TLS 1.0 enabled client-side. I can see that Chrome also switched from using TLS 1.0 to SSL 3.0, but for some reason, it still errors out. I'll keep tweaking our SSL config to see if I can get Chrome to work, but this is a huge improvement and we're content with Chrome being the only browser that doesn't work for now.
0 Likes
placlair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Chrome/IE error - "You are not currently logged in"

Final update: I discovered that the problem with Chrome was related to an ancient mod re-write statement that we implemented to force SSL. Namely:

BrowserMatch "MSIE" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^\/gw\/webacc
RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R]

Why this didn't pose a problem with other browsers and/or popped up seemingly out of the blue for Chrome (this statement has been in place for years, and Chrome used to work fine), I have no idea; but I commented it out, and all of our browsers are now happy.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.