Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clear Mailbox Search History

Sorry in advance if this is not the correct location for this question. A User in our Organization is looking to clear the Search History of the Input Search Box at the Top Right corner of the GroupWise Client, where you can search your mailbox for specific messages. I have performed quite a bit of online searching, and have not been able to find an answer. Fellow Analyst mentioned that they reimaged the computer, and it still appears, so I am guessing that it is associated with the user account?

Any advice would be great!

Thank you in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Clear Mailbox Search History

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question. I do believe that you are in the right place.

In my client when using the search feature in the upper, right-hand corner, after typing in a search query there is a little "X" to the right of the entry box. I click on that and my search criteria goes away. So.... if something like that is stuck you could try to run a GWCheck maintenance routine with the "Reset Client Options" option selected. Please let me know if you need more details on how to do this.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello!

Thank you for the response! When using the search box, and you are currently inside of a search, you can click the X to get out of the search and go to your whole mailbox, but our issue is a little different. This user is referring to the drop down menu of previous searches that appears BEFORE you execute the search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I would say that a GWCheck "Reset Client Options" should clear that.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The previous search entries still appear, unfortunately. 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Here are my steps:

Close the GroupWise client.
Exit Notify
In the GroupWise Admin Console open the user account
Select Maintenance
Select "Reset Client Options" from the drop-down menu
Ensure that you are only running this for the selected user
Run this routine.
It takes less than a minute
Launch the GroupWise client and login as the user.
Search history is clear.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you again for your willingness to help.

I did that process step by step, and the search history still appears. I uploaded images to ensure the process is being done correctly,

Step #1: Showing The Search History
Step #2: I closed out of GroupWise and GroupWise Notify. All instances of Groupwise Processes
Step #3: Logged into Administration and Reset Client Options
Step #4: A Task Has Been Sent To The POA
Step #5: Logged Back Into GroupWise Client
Step #6: Received GWCHECK COMPLETE E-Mail
Step #7: Search History Still Appears
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please confirm what build/version of the client you are running.

Thank you for your detailed response and images - of great assistance 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Micro Focus GroupWise 2014 R2
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Help | About GroupWise | let us know the build number please.

It would be a number like this, for example: 124595

Many thanks,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry about that. Build Number 124742
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Perhaps download the latest shipping version of the client, available from the "Patches" section of the Downloads site [only available if you have maintenance]. That build is 124595. Give that a try and let us know please. That's the build I'm using.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.