danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Click to Call no longer working

We recently migrated from GW8 to GW2012. We have all the bugs worked out save for one - the click to call feature is no longer working.
We had it working through our Cisco Call Manager system and it still works as default through every program except GW.

GW opens the XP dialer program and fails as that is not setup.

What did we miss?

Thanks,
Dan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Click to Call no longer working

danh2010,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

danh2010;2197721 wrote:
We recently migrated from GW8 to GW2012. We have all the bugs worked out save for one - the click to call feature is no longer working.
We had it working through our Cisco Call Manager system and it still works as default through every program except GW.

GW opens the XP dialer program and fails as that is not setup.

What did we miss?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Don't have a Cisco Call system setup.... is this on a fresh install of XP, GroupWise and Cisco Call Manager... or have you only tested on systems that have had a client upgrade (GW8 to GW2012)?

Uninstalling the Cisco bits and reinstalling might get things working again?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2198672 wrote:
Hi Dan,

Don't have a Cisco Call system setup.... is this on a fresh install of XP, GroupWise and Cisco Call Manager... or have you only tested on systems that have had a client upgrade (GW8 to GW2012)?

Uninstalling the Cisco bits and reinstalling might get things working again?

Cheers,
Willem

All systems are preexisting, except the Groupwise. We migrated from 8 to 2012 an dit no longer works. I did reinstall Cisco Personal Communicator and that did nothing different.
I can right-click from FireFox or IE and choose call and it'll call out.
But from GroupWise, the right-click menu shows dial and wants to use the default XP dialer.

I can't find any info on this at all.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

danh2010;2200102 wrote:
All systems are preexisting, except the Groupwise. We migrated from 8 to 2012 an dit no longer works. I did reinstall Cisco Personal Communicator and that did nothing different.
I can right-click from FireFox or IE and choose call and it'll call out.
But from GroupWise, the right-click menu shows dial and wants to use the default XP dialer.

I can't find any info on this at all.

Maybe double check the settings found in GroupWise and set/reset the standard dialer (should be within the environment's default actions options). If that works you might be able to "catch" the change and push it as a default to the other systems. There should be a regkey "DefaultTelephonyProvider" found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Setup once set. Don't know if that is the only key needed to be set or if there are others.

If that does not fix it an ugly workaround could be to rename the dialer exe and replace it with the/a link for the Cisco dialer. Ugly, but might work.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2200134 wrote:
Maybe double check the settings found in GroupWise and set/reset the standard dialer (should be within the environment's default actions options). If that works you might be able to "catch" the change and push it as a default to the other systems. There should be a regkey "DefaultTelephonyProvider" found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Novell\GroupWise\Client\Setup once set. Don't know if that is the only key needed to be set or if there are others.

If that does not fix it an ugly workaround could be to rename the dialer exe and replace it with the/a link for the Cisco dialer. Ugly, but might work.

Cheers,
Willem

GW only has 3 options.
None, Default Dialer (Windows), and Skype.

I don't recall what it used to say as I never had to check it before.
I have to play stupid here. What would be the Cisco dialer exe?
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

danh2010;2200223 wrote:
GW only has 3 options.
None, Default Dialer (Windows), and Skype.

I don't recall what it used to say as I never had to check it before.
I have to play stupid here. What would be the Cisco dialer exe?

Ok, I managed to reinstall a copy of GW 8. I checked the settings and there is NO option for dialing! I'm starting to think this is my problem.
I'm going to open a case with Novell.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You will need version 12 of the client for dialer options. As far as I know they are not available in 8
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

laurabuckley;2200240 wrote:
You will need version 12 of the client for dialer options. As far as I know they are not available in 8

Yep, indeed... this is a new option in 2012.

@Dan: if you can, you might get a quicker answer on options to getting the Cisco dialer defined in GW 2012 by opening an SR (at no charge if you have maintenance for GW/NOWS)

-Willem
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

magic31;2200317 wrote:
Yep, indeed... this is a new option in 2012.

@Dan: if you can, you might get a quicker answer on options to getting the Cisco dialer defined in GW 2012 by opening an SR (at no charge if you have maintenance for GW/NOWS)

-Willem

Yeah..I do have an SR open....still waiting on a call back. I gave up waiting on the Chat after 25 min.

Thanks for all the info guys! 🙂
0 Likes
danh2010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Still looking for an answer to this.
Nothing has yet worked and tech support had no resolution.
0 Likes
jfeyen Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

danh2010;2242292 wrote:
Still looking for an answer to this.
Nothing has yet worked and tech support had no resolution.

Hi I am also looking for a solution. I created a request for enhancement.
If you got an update on your SR, can you update this request?

Thanks

Joeri
0 Likes
Highlighted
hsingh25 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jfeyen;2248058 wrote:
Hi I am also looking for a solution. I created a request for enhancement.
If you got an update on your SR, can you update this request?

Thanks

Joeri

Did any find a solution for this issue?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.