Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
dirkdm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client 2014.0.1 crashes when single click on an attachment

When a user double clicks an attachment it opens like it should be. When a user clicks only once on an attachments, or is to slow to click a second time, Groupwise freezes and crashes.

In the Event Viewer I see :
Faulting application name: GrpWise.exe, version: 14.0.1.28418, time stamp: 0x54652d8c
Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098858e
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000a327c
Faulting process id: 0x1094
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a8ea92587b0c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise\GrpWise.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll

The Groupwise client is : 14.0.1 Build 118418

Anyone an idea ?

KR,
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client 2014.0.1 crashes when single click on an attachme

Hi KR

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

Let's start with some clarifying questions - how many users are affected - just one or many? Is it always the same attachment in the same e-mail or different attachments in different e-mails?

Please let us know 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
dirkdm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Everyone on every computer where the client is deployed, even on terminal server, is affected.

It are different attachments, in different mails. Talking about the file type of attachment. The only type of attachments that are working are .htm and mails that where forwarded as attachment, they open in the client window.

The other types I could test where : .doc, .exe (office attachments), .pdf, .zip and .jpg attachments. They all generate the groupwise crash.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

It sounds like the view files, stored in OFVIEWS, on your Post Office could be damaged in some way. Let me do some digging/research.

What platform is your GroupWise backend running on, Linux or Windows (versions/SP levels, etc)?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
dirkdm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our Groupwise server is running on a Suse Linux Server

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response! I'm hesitant to recommend over writing the OFVIEWS folder on your server for fear of introducing more problems 😞

I suggest that you open a Service Request with Novell Technical Support and get them to take a look at your issue considering that it's company wide.

Your problem could also be indicative of an issue with your DVA (document viewing agent).

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.