DavudOeden
New Member.

Client AutoUpdate won't work

Hello,

I've uploaded the GroupWise Client 14.0.2 to our Apach2 Server and configured everything as shown in the novell documentation "Using Client Auto-Update to Distribute the GroupWise Client Software".

But I disabled the Client Auto update function on postoffice Level, because I dont want that every user gets the Client update.
So I activated the Client Auto update only on one user, to test if everything will work fine, before I activate it on post Office Level.

The user starts and Closes groupwise but nothing happens. There is no AutoUpdate Information or something else.

And there is no way to Trigger the update only to one user ? I have to Trigger it on postoffice Level, but to Trigger it on postoffice Level, I have to activate it on postoffice Level, but then all our users will get the update informations.

What else can I do to test the autoupdate function only on selected users ?

Regards,
D. O.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client AutoUpdate won't work

Hi D.O

Unfortunately Client Auto-Update can't be set at a user level - unless somebody back at Novell suddenly changed this 😉

My suggestion if you want to test the process is to setup a small test environment - you could just create a virtual machine on a desktop for these purposes (that's what I've got).

I've created an enhancement request for this functionality to be added to GroupWise. You can vote for it here: https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/1023

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh Contraire Laura :>)

With GW 2104, you can indeed set auto update on a user level. In Client Options | Client Auto-Update. Here you can set Enable, put in the URL to get the client (or if left blank, the POA will serve up the new client), and some other options.

The step missing for D.O. is that you have to trigger the update on the users post office. This is done on the PO Page, Under More | Client Auto-Update. Select the Trigger Update button at the bottom. This increments the cleint version bump setting for the PO, which then triggers the client to prompt for the update.

--Morris

>>> laurabuckley<laurabuckley@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 8/27/2015 5:36 AM >>>

Hi D.O

Unfortunately Client Auto-Update can't be set at a user level - unless
somebody back at Novell suddenly changed this 😉

My suggestion if you want to test the process is to setup a small test
environment - you could just create a virtual machine on a desktop for
these purposes (that's what I've got).

I've created an enhancement request for this functionality to be added
to GroupWise. You can vote for it here:
https://ideas.microfocus.com/MFI/novell-gw/Idea/Detail/1023

Cheers,

--
Laura Buckley
Technical Consultant
IT Dynamics, South Africa

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
laurabuckley's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=493869
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Morris,

You are an absolute Darling for clarifying this issue. Thank you so much 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.