Highlighted
Visitor.

Client Calendar display slow

Have a heavy calendar user (auto-deletes appts for cleanup but has about 2000 calendar items) that when clicking on the calendar initially the load time is 10-12 seconds. After the initial display, if you close and open it again, it loads quickly.

She did not experience this before 2012.

Any recommended settings to help?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Client Calendar display slow

Hi,

Is the client in online or caching mode?

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

oops sorry - Online
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't know of any settings that could speed this up as this is totally dependent on the speed of your POA's response and network latency - as far as I know.

You could try caching mode which would mean that the calendar is being read from a local store and then updated in the background with any new/updated information from the POA.

Keep in mind that the calendar entries are stored in the user.db file - perhaps you want to take a look at how big that file has grown to.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Her userdb is only 20mb

I have caching mode disabled completely and want to avoid changing if possible. She deletes all mail after 5 days and all calendar items after 180 since we have Retain. She uses shared calendars, but all of ITM uses the shared calendars and she is the only one with the delay.

I can recreate on other machines when I log in as her. Do you think a structural rebuild would help?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

My personal recommendation would be:

1. Remove all shared calendars.
2. Remove all entries from multi-user calendar list
3. GWCheck analyze/fix user.db first doing structure and then content.
4. Test the opening of calendar to see if performance has improved.
5. If no improvement, do a structural rebuild of user.db - be careful not to do a recreate of the user database as that will trash a lot of stuff.

Post back your results and let us know if there has been an improvement.

20mb seems very reasonable for a user.db for such an "active" user.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.